XML types inquiry

Hello everyone,
I am trying to customize Cubit and I just wanted to know what the difference between the entity-based-xml and action-based-xml files are?

Also for example, I have succeeded in removing CFD options from the Command Panel through editing the XML files, but I suppose removing them from places such as toolbars or model tree should be done in code? If so, what is the right way of doing this? Since most of the examples are about adding new components and not removing them.

Please let me know. Thanks.

The entity or action based xml determine how the buttons will be layed out in the command button panel. The entity based xml has geometry entities in the first level and actions in the second. The action based xml has geometry actions in the first layer and entities in the second. This only affects the geometry category. Mesh is the same either way.

There should be an option to turn off the CFD boundary conditions. Open the options or preferences dialog and click on the “Command Panels” page. There should be some check-boxes at the bottom to torn on/off the CFD and FEA modules.

1 Like

Thank you for the response.
Unfortunately these options are greyed out for me.
Even if they were not though, I want to completely remove these options so our user would not have to even think about turning them on or off, as CFD and FEA are not related to our implementation of Cubit at all.

There are a lot of options we need to completely remove from the UI, then package and ship the software without these options. What is the best way of doing this?

Cubit doesn’t currently have a way to customize the GUI like that unfortunately.