Wrong location of libcf_license_server.so in SDK

Coreform Cubit Version: 2023.4
Platform: Linux Ubuntu 20.04/22.04

Issue
When trying to build a plugin against the SDK, it includes a cmake file that refers to a library in: <CUBIT_ROOT>/license_server/libcf_license_server.so

CubitExport-release.cmake:list(APPEND _cmake_import_check_files_for_cf_license_server "${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/license_server/libcf_license_server.so" )

However, that file is in <CUBIT_ROOT>/bin/libcf_license_server.so

Is there something to be done during install to resolve this? Or is the CMake file wrong?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I will look into this, but my first inclination is that the CMake file is wrong. There have been some recent reorganizations in the file structure and it is likely that that file did not get updated.

Karl

Thanks Karl!

While you are looking, I got another error looking for

/opt/Coreform-Cubit-2023.4/lib64/libCMLSmoothing.a

which doesn’t exist at all - not just wrong location.

Paul

FYI - I’m having similar problems with MacOS

Hello Karl. I wonder if there are any updates here?

Notably, since the 2022.11 tarballs were also missing the SDK, we have not been able to build our plugin against any version newer than 2022.4!

Hi Paul,

We should be able to resolve this in the next couple of weeks. Our next formal release is planned for June.

Thanks,
Karl

Hi Paul,

Can you share an example showing the missing libCMLSmoothing.a? To the best of my knowledge, the SDK should only link to shared libraries not the static library. If I want want to smooth, I set up the smoothing scheme and the smoothing execution using CubitInterface::cmd().

Thanks,
Karl

With this command:

cmake ../Cubit-plugin -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/Coreform-Cubit-2023.4 -DCUBIT_ROOT=/opt/Coreform-Cubit-2023.4 -DDAGMC_DIR=/__w/Cubit-plugin/Cubit-plugin/../DAGMC -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/__w/Cubit-plugin/Cubit-plugin/..

we get…

CMake Error at /opt/Coreform-Cubit-2023.4/cmake/CubitExport.cmake:238 (message):
  The imported target "CMLSmoothing" references the file

"/opt/Coreform-Cubit-2023.4/lib64/libCMLSmoothing.a"

but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:

Hi Paul,

I will look into the mesh smoothing library after I get the SDK building correctly.

Thanks,
Karl

1 Like