Viewing .mesh file in Coreform Cubit

I am using Coreform Cubit version 2021.11. I want to see an already available ‘.mesh’ file geometry. I there any way I can open the file in cubit.

Hi @Varun_101,

Do you know what software created the .mesh file? Cubit supports a limited number of mesh import formats.

Thanks,
Karl

thanks, Karl for the file reply it is created in Matlab. The exodus file is exported from cubit and than it was created to txt format using ncdump and then using matlab code it is converted into .mesh format. The file is from the speed software and the file is available as open source. I was not able to share the file in the forum. I can share the file by mail if it is allowed.

Hi @Varun_101,

OK, here is another question. Does the mesh file contain 2D or 3D elements? If it is a surface mesh, you could export it from Matlab as STL and then import the STL file with the option make_elements.

I also found a reference for exporting matlab to Abaqus format. Cubit will read Abaqus mesh files.
Convert MATLAB Mesh to Abaqus - File Exchange - MATLAB Central (mathworks.com)

It is also possible to write python code that will read the file and use Cubit’s python interface to create the mesh. That would require a level of python expertise and a little time.

Karl