Running sculpt outside of Cubit

Coreform Cubit Version: 2021.3 and 2021.11
Platform: 20.04.4 LTS and CentOS 7

Issue
I’m having trouble running sculpt on input files outside of the CUBIT itself. Taking the suggestions from several other post I’m trying to use the “Create input file” option to generate a sculpt input file to use some advanced/development features and parameterize the thing I’m trying to mesh.

I can’t make it work, the reason why varies with the version I try:

1. For 2021.11 I can’t use sculpt at all. If I try from within CUBIT I get a “ERROR: Unrecognized Keyword: ‘sculpt’” message. If I run psculpt from the command line I get “ERROR: Cannot run Parallel Sculpt without a valid Coreform Cubit license.”
  2. For 2021.3 I can run sculpt just fine from within CUBIT and I can generate input files. When I try to run sculpt using either the script that gets generated, the “sculpt” program, or “psculpt” directly I get various combinations of MPI errors like:

“Error: unknown option “-np””

“Sorry! You were supposed to get help about: opal_init:startup:internal-failure”

I am using the pre-packaged MPI in the CUBIT packages. I’ve tried various combinations of LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make sure it’s using the prepackaged MPI libraries but that doesn’t seem to help.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a commercial floating license.

1 Like