Running journal file

In cubit, I could directly run commands from previous sessions by copying lines from the journal file (history*.jou) to the cubit command line.

In Trelis, the journal file has been changed. It now appears to be a python script. All lines now begin with “cubit.cmd”. The cubit/trelis commands are now inside brackets following that command.

I can no longer simply copy/paste into the trelis command line. Nor do I seem to be able to run the file using Tools->Play Journal File.

Is there a way to restore the previous functionality? I have been manually stripping the wrapping away from the commands, but it’s not terribly convenient.

Thanks

Cubit and Trelis history*.jou files are saved in Python syntax. They will need to be translated to Trelis syntax to copy and paste into the command line. You can do this easily without having to manually strip the cubit.cmd. Open the journal file in the journal editor and click the Trelis T on the right of the toolbar. This is the Translate to Trelis Commands button.

Regular journal files, such as those you save from the journal editor, are saved in the format specified in Options. You can change this by going to Tools>Options>General and then look for the Default Syntax in the Journal Editor section.

With the Default Syntax set to Cubit, journal files can be copied and pasted into the Command Line and run with the Play Journal File command under the Tools menu.

I hope this helps.