Python IDE integration with Coreform Cubit 2021.11

Hi,

I am looking to understand what is the recommended IDE to use Python with Coreform Cubit 2021.11. Right now I am using the journal file editor in the following way: select the lines that I want to execute, then right-click and select “Play Selected”. I like using the journal file editor because it gives me flexibility in visualizing the output of the python command results.

However, the Coreform cubit journal is quite rudimentary for the Python language. As far as I know, it does not support indentation for Python correctly and auto-complete for example.

Could someone share a bit more about how to balance having a standard Python editor and the leverage the power of the Cubit 3D visualization of the model?

Thanks!

@jsilva.mit

Currently the journal editor is the best integrated development environment for Coreform Cubit. However, we are working on its replacement which is built on Monaco – the open-source framework that VS Code is built upon. Here’s a sneak peek:

The goal is for this to be integrated into Cubit to support object highlighting and validation, and of course be extensible just like VS Code.

Hi @gvernon,

Ok thanks, looking forward to this new development!