Preserving inter-node bias when meshing surface

Hello.

I have decomposed the curves of a few surfaces into intervals with or without bias, depending on the level of detail I need in the fluid region. When I ask Trelis to mesh these surfaces, it doesn’t stick to the node distribution I specified on the curves when meshing curved/rounded surfaces, it adds some weird, squiggly bits in the middle of the surface. I’m assuming there’s some parameter enabled that’s making it behave like this, as it attempts to optimize mesh quality.

Is there a way to simply propagate the node distribution from a source to a target curve, kind of like sweeping but for a surface?

Thanks.

EDIT- I have tried further domain decomposition but Trelis always finds a new way to add weirdly-shaped elements, and I cannot seem to get it to work.

Here are a few things you might consider.

You might set interval firmness:

{geom_list} interval {default | soft | hard}

Another thing you might try is to mesh the curves with the intervals/biases set before meshing the surfaces.

You can copy a mesh from one curve to another. To copy a mesh on a curve

· On the Command Panel, click on Mesh and then Curve.
· Click on the Copy/Morph action button.
· Enter the values for Source Curve ID(s) and Target Curve ID(s).
· Optionally, click on Optional Data to further specify the settings.
· Click on Apply Scheme and then Mesh.

Can you share a picture of what you are seeing with the weird surface mesh?

Thanks for your response. I did try playing with the interval firmness. Just to be clear, is the syntax for that like:
Curve 11 12 13 14 set hard/soft
?

I actually did mesh the curves exactly as you suggested before meshing the surfaces. The picture shows two highlighted elements. The one at the bottom is doing exactly what I want Trelis to do, the highlighted one at the top is not.
squigglies.png

what I want it to do is what it did for this surface.

Instead of adding weird shaped elements that have awful quality (Jacobian = 0) as it did for the surface above it.
goodboytrelis.png

It looks like Trelis is trying to respect the intervals set on the curves and is using the pave scheme to transition from a curve on one side of the surface to a curve with a different bias on the other side. You might look at whether the intervals match or you might copy the mesh of one curve to the other curve.