Output debug information to file

Hi there,

I would like to output debug information to a file but I can’t figure out the syntax.

Right now I am doing the following but this is not working (nothing is written to file):

cubit.cmd("set debug 1-233 on")
cubit.cmd("set debug 1-233 file 'myFile.dat' ")

Does anyone know the correct syntax to output the debug information? Are there any other flags that could help the developers to debug problems?

Thanks,
Josimar

Hi Josimar,

You are going where I’ve never gone before in turning on all debug flags. I would expect the syntax should be set debug 1 to 233 on.

Karl

Hi Josimar,

Were you able to write out an ACIS file at the end of the process?

Karl

Hi @Karl,

Yes I was. I have also checked that the following set of actions does not work:

1. Export the entire model geometry to ACIS (after imprint all, merge all)
  2. Read the acis geometry into a new clean session
  3. Export the session as .cub5 or .cub
  4. Try to read the above .cub5 or .cub files. Same problem as before happens here.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.
Best,
Josimar

Hi Josimar,

You can write the ACIS file to disk, but the ACIS write to the cub5 file terminates prematurely. I can’t easily look at the .cub file, but the assumption is that the ACIS file there is also corrupted. Do you have anything in your path that could cause problems? Maybe something using a different version of HDF5 or maybe old versions of Cubit?

I really am grasping at straws at this point.

Karl

Hi @karl,

I am using Docker on Ubuntu 18.06 LTS. I am not an expert on it, but I assume that all the proper dependencies should be contained in the image that I installed.

Let me know if you need me to check anything specifically.

Thanks,
Josimar