Multiple attributes to block

Hello!

I’d like to ask if it is possible to assign multiple attribute values to a single block.

For example, let’s say that we create a block from two groups (group1 and group2). Each group consists of a set of faces. Is it possible to assign to the part of the block that consists of group1 the attribute with value att1 (for example) and to the part of the block that consists of group2 the attribute with value att2?

What I want to do is to create a surface triangular mesh, whose triangles will have different attributes but lie in the same block. And that is because eventually I need to create a large number of blocks.

Thanx in advance and keep up the great work!

Trelis does not support assigning one attribute to a block that is relevant to subset within the block. The attribute pertains to all entities within the block. Blocks are typically used to assign material properties. Consider giving both blocks two attributes, where the first attribute is the same attribute (which would indicate that some user-defined block id) and that second attribute would be that special, unique value you want to assign to the specific triangles. What you could do it the following:

reset
create surface rectangle width 1
vol 1 copy move y 1.5
surface all scheme trimesh
mesh surf all
block 1 surface 1
block 2 surface 2

#give each block two attributes
block all attribute count 2

#assign
block 1 attribute index 1 value 1
block 2 attribute index 1 value 1
block 1 attribute index 2 value 555
block 2 attribute index 2 value 444

Thanks for the answer!

Actually this is exactly what I’ve done to deal with the situation.