Move License Server

Hello,

Does one have to deactivate the old license server before being able to set up a new server (with a different hostname and IP) ?

I’d like to have both RLM license servers running for a week or so so that the colleagues can switch.
I just tried to activate my product key on the second server, but it said that the maximum number of activations had been reached.

I appreciate your help.

Best regards
Gerald

Hello @geri_m,

yes. You need to first deactivate your license in your coreform user account before it can be activated on a new machine again.

You would need to have an extra license for the second RLM Server. The same license can’t be run on both servers at the same time.

But we could also host your license on our cloud server without extra cost. The client machines would need an internet connection to access the license and you won’t need to run a RLM Server in your network.

If the cloud server is an option please write a mail to support@coreform.com

If you need a second license for this short period of time it is best to get in touch with our sales team via sales@coreform.com

Hi Norbert,

I appreciate your help.
After deactivating the old one, I will move the license to the new server.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to host it outside of our network since the firewall guidelines are quite strict.

Kind regards,
Gerald