Manually create Wedge elements

Hi Coreform community,
I hope all are dong well. I have a query regarding manually inserting wedge elements. As it is evident from the attached image, the overall structure is discretized using HEX elemets, however at the step between the Brown & the Grey volume, I wish to manually add WEDGE elements in order to get a smooth transition

As an example, I have manually inserted one wedge element highlighed inside the Green circle using the following command:

create wedge node 17138 15684 15703 17137 15683 15702

However, it would be tedious to do so throughout the circumference. Therefore, I wish to ask, if there is some quicker way to manually insert the wedge elements in this situation ? I have also shared the .cub file in case someone wishes to attempt before explaining.

Adding to that, after finally creating the wedge elements, can I assign all the wedge elements to a freshly created volume ?

Please advise.

model.cub (6.6 MB)

Thanks with best regards,
Aakash

Hello,
Any tip from anyone ? please !

Hi Aakash,

I would create the web section in your CAD system and then use Cubit to webcut the wedge section off. If you are are creating a circular section, you will need to break the section in to halves or quarters depending on the rest of your model.

In the following example, I just built the geometry in Cubit to show how to create the wedges. In the full model, don’t forget the imprint and merge steps prior to meshing.

reset
create curve location 0 0 0 location 1 0 0
create vertex 0 .25 0
create curve vertex 1 3
create curve vertex 2 3
create surface curve 1 to 3
surf 1 move y 10
sweep surface 1 axis 0 0 0 -1 0 0 angle 180
curve 1 to 3 interval 1
surface 5 scheme trimesh
mesh surface 5
curve 6 interval 25
mesh Volume 1
draw wedge all

Hi Mr. Karl,
Thank you so much for your kind suggestion.

With best wishes :slight_smile:
Aakash