Issue with Qt Platform Plugin "xcb"

Hello,
I am trying to install Coreform Cubit on Ubuntu WSL2 but encountering the following error:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms" even though it was found. This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs (from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms), linuxfb (from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms), minimal (from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms), minimalegl (from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms), offscreen (from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms), vnc (from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms), xcb (from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforms), eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl.

Aborted

Is there a way to fix this?
I’ve tried reinstalling the necessary plugins and libraries, but the issue persists. I’ve attached the debug_cubit.txt file for more details.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Davide Pettinari

debug_cubit.txt (466.7 KB)

Hi @Pettinari,
we don’t officially support Cubit in GUI mode in WSL. You can run Cubit without the GUI by passing in -nographics -prompt Cubit to the coreform_cubit executable, and that’ll load you into a Cubit prompt in your console.