Intersects tri with nodes and poor quality

Dear everyone,

I found this error when I tried to mesh one of the volumes:
error: TetMeshGems mesher found!
ERROR: Found edge with nodes 463 464 intersects tri with nodes 7182 7076 7128 near (1119.295355 -57.443524 -0.506268)
ERROR: Unable to mesh boundary
ERROR: Volume 11 ( v_domain@C ) meshing unsuccessful using scheme: tetmesh

Here is my geometry :
intersect node_alvina

First, I assigned the curve between the grey block and pink block with size 1 and mesh the curve using scheme equal. Then, I applied mesh scheme tetmesh for the volume grey block and having the error as written above.

How can I check which node mentioned in the error? And what should I do?

I am also having a poor mesh quality issue since I have this kind of geometry, especially along the curve. I tried to apply smoothing but all smoothing methods were failed. It did not want to smooth the volume.
The green volume and purple volume are fine. They have a good mesh quality.
I applied size 1 for the curve between the grey block and pink, also for the small square inside the pink volume. I used tetmesh scheme for both volumes and let the mesh size gradually increases to the edge of the geometry.

Anyone can help me to handle this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,
Alvina KK

Hi @alvinakk!

Would you be able to share the geometry with us so we can investigate in more detail?

If you’re not able, try the following commands (in no particular order):

1. Heal the geometry
  2. Remove overlaps
  3. Composite surfaces
  4. Mesh the volumes from smallest volume to largest
  5. Specify a smaller “deviation angle” in the tetmesh GUI panel (the default is 15 degrees):

Dear @gvernon,

Is it possible to send those files directly to your email?

thank you in advance.
Alvina KK

You can send them directly to us at support@coreform.com

If they are too large to email directly, you can upload them to transfer.coreform.com and then email us the auto-generated link after they upload.

Dear @gvernon,

I have sent it to support@coreform.com

Thank you in advance.
Alvina KK

I haven’t looked at your model yet. I have typically seen this error when dealing with STL files or faceted models. The surface mesh will self-intersect if the facets are not water-tight. This leads to the errors from the tet-mesher.

The node numbers displayed in the error message are internal to the tet-mesher and are not useful for debugging your problem. You can use the locate command to point to the position listed in the error message. From the command line issue the command:

locate position 1119.295355 -57.443524 -0.506268

Look at the facets in that area. Cubit is not the best tool for healing STL models. Here is a video link showing some of the tools that Cubit has to fix triangle facets.

As well as the script for the commands.

reset
brick  x 10

split surface 1 direction curve 2  
tweak surface 8  offset .1 
surface all scheme trimesh
mesh surface all except surface 9

disassociate mesh surface all
delete volume 1
equivalence node all tolerance .101
delete Tri 1204  
delete Tri 223