How to avoid a too large model with topography

I have built a cubic model (2000*2000km)with topography and the size of the model is about 500MB. It became more than 2GB after I cut the surface. The model is too large to save.
Is there anybody who can help me? many thanks

i guess when you do some webcuts, the number of geometry entitites will greatly increase. The geometry is normally saved as .sat thats included in the saved .cub file.

If you are still working on the geometry you could try to export them in a different file format and import them when needed.

Another way would be, to create a clean journal file, where on top you load your base geometry. This way you can save your used commands in the journal and can get to your last working step by playing it in the journal editor.

Could you share your base model and the journal for your cuts?

i forgot to mention it.
when you do an export of the geometry, you can also just export a portion of the model.

Export Acis [Debug] '<filename>' [Body <id_list>] [Volume <id_list>] [Surface <id_list>]
     [Curve <id_list>] [Vertex <id_list>] [binary|ascii] [Overwrite]

Appreciate your suggestion. The topography in the model is from ETOPO2022. I always export .cub format instead of .cub5 format although the exorting time is very long. The .cub5 format model can not be saved because it is too large. I am glad to share the model with you, but it is too large, how to send it to you?

Thank you, I exported the volume like this. It was still too large.

You can upload it to transfer.coreform.com and then email us or post the auto-generated download link.

Thank you. I have uploaded two surfaces. You could try to cut surface “surface.cub” with surfaces " fault_fine_polyline_long.cub". The two new surfaces are very large.

(https://transfer.coreform.com/QbYbrY/fault_fine_polyline_long.cub)"

I couldn’t reproduce your issue yet. Which version of cubit are you using?

Do you have the same behaviour when you do a webcut with a coordinate plane?

It is ok to do a webcut with a coordinate plane. The new size is almost the same as the raw size. However, the fault planes are complicated. They always contain several continuous planes. Do you have good suggestions?

I use the version 2023.4.0