Error Loading Components (Ubuntu 18.04 w/ Coreform Cubit 2022.4)

Hi all, having trouble running Cubit from the binary download. Here’s the readout error and the strace debug text file:

Error loading component:
libcfplugincomp.ccl

Error loading component:
libcfplugingui.ccg

Error loading component:
libcoreformcae.ccg

Error loading component:
libcubitcomp.ccl

Supervisor::Impl::load_plugins: Loaded component: libcubitcompgui.ccg from directory: /home/william/Documents/Coreform-Cubit-2022.4+26186_e1209cf7-Lin64/Coreform-Cubit-2022.4/bin
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any help is appreciated! For some reason I can run the old Trelis 17.1 but not the newer Cubits.

debug_cubit.txt (2.4 MB)

Hi rkendrick, it’s likely that you’ve got something in your system configured that’s making Coreform Cubit 2022.4 load libraries from Trelis 17.1. What’s the value of your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and $PATH environment variables?

If you don’t see anything pointing to Trelis 17.1, please take a system call log like this:

strace -o debug_cubit.txt ./coreform_cubit

Please attach the generated debug_cubit.txt.

I removed all specific paths to Trelis locations from $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and $PATH, still getting the error. Could potentially be an overlap in /usr/local but I think the strace would highlight that hopefully.

Here’s my strace output:
debug_cubit.txt (2.4 MB)

The strace isn’t showing anything that really stands out as wrong, actually. Please set the environment variable CUBIT_VERBOSE=5 and try running coreform_cubit again, then please send me the full output.