Doxygen C++ Documentation Incomplete?

Hi, I’m doing C++ plugin development for Coreform Cubit 2023.8 on Windows. I found that the doxygen documentation found in “Coreform Cubit 2023.8\docs\Cubit-SDK” is missing many classes in the include directory (e.g., RefEntity). Is this a bug or is intentional? When I try to build the doxygen document myself with the headers from the include directory, I do get all the classes listed in the output.

The recommended API is included in the Doxygen documentation. The internal data structures, like RefEntity, are not exported for API users.

Note that the GUI is implemented using the exported API. Anything you can do in the GUI can be done from the API. If you need to do something beyond that, contact me and we can discuss your needs.

Karl
Coreform Cubit Consulting
karl@coremesh.co

Thanks for your answer! I’m using these “internal data structures” because I need to implement an algorithm that generates many geometry entities (planar sheets) according to existing geometry (e.g., to avoid intersecting with / getting too close to them) and the provided CGMPlugin example is using the GeometryModifyTool class. I felt it is hard to find the API I need using the index-based entity handle.

Using CGM is tough. You can use the CGM interface as exposed but there is little documentation. When I have to dig deep into data structures, I reference the diagrams in Appendix A and B of this paper, (PDF) The Common Geometry Module (cgm): A Generic, Extensible Geometry Interface (researchgate.net).

I could give you some direction, but I can’t afford to give you too much time for free.

Karl
Coreform Cubit Consulting
karl@coremesh.co