Difference of the ports

Just out of curiosity:

What is the meaning of ports 5053 and 5055?
I read csimsoft.com/RLMServerInstall but what means “csimsoft ISV server”.
It seems that 5053 and 5055 need to be accessible, right?

Telnet tells me that RLM is running on 5053

csimsoft uses the RLM license manager from Reprise Software. There are three port numbers used by the RLM license manager, and their default values are:

5053 - rlm
5054 - rlm web interface
5055 - csimsoft

If these ports are already in use, you can change the ports for RLM.

The rlm port can be changed by editing the port number on the HOST line of the .lic file.
HOST localhost ANY 5053

The csimsoft port can be changed by editing the port number on the ISV line of the .lic file
ISV csimsoft port=5055

NOTE: You can only change the HOST and ISV lines of the .lic file. Changing anything else will break the .lic file and it will not work.

The rlm web admin interface port can be changed by passing a "-ws " argument to rlm when starting the server. It can also be disabled by passing the -nows argument when starting the rlm server.

Reprise provides two methods for using RLM with software from two different software vendors:

Separate RLM installations and ISV servers
Single RLM installation that manages two ISV servers (recommended)

It is recommended that you use a single RLM installation and have it manage two ISV servers. By default, the RLM server uses port 5053 to communicate with the ISV software. All ISV software should use the same port 5053, but each ISV server will use a unique port. For example, ISV A on port 5055 and ISV B on port 5056 would both use port 5053 to communicate with the RLM license server. All ISV license files should be in the same folder.

For more information, see Managing Software from Multiple Publishers on the Reprise Software website.

reprisesoftware.com/blog/201 … ublishers/

Thanks for the reply. I don’t need to change a port, everything works. I just want to understand for what I open my firewall.
[quote=“csimsoft Moderator”
It is recommended that you use a single RLM installation and have it manage two ISV servers. By default, the RLM server uses port 5053 to communicate with the ISV software. All ISV software should use the same port 5053, but each ISV server will use a unique port. For example, ISV A on port 5055 and ISV B on port 5056 would both use port 5053 to communicate with the RLM license server. All ISV license files should be in the same folder.[/quote]
I run rlm only for trelis. So for some reasons Trelis needs to check out its license by two ports: 5053 and 5055 in the defaults. I would have guessed that a single port is enough but I won’t dig into the communication of rlm :slight_smile: