Dense grid points in target part of geometry

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.
I have a question about meshing in the Coreform Cubit. As you know, we can design and mesh the geometry to have more grid points/dense grids over the target part of geometry (e.g., deformation area) as algorithms such as Quadtree can do. Could you please kindly let me know how I can have this type of mesh design in Coreform Cubit?

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Hi @SMJMirzadeh,
are we talking about a mesh with T-type intersection (hanging nodes) like in this post?

Then this can’t be done with cubit because it doesn’t support a T-type intersection in the grid.

@Norbert_Hofbauer Yes, exactly. We want to have more focused and dense grids in the deformed parts to optimize the processing.

So, it can not be done using Cubit as you said. Right?

Doing a mesh refinment is no problem at all.

But you can’t do a refinement with T-type Intersections.

@Norbert_Hofbauer Thank you. Could you please kindly let me know how I can do mesh refinement in Coreform Cubit?

Hi @SMJMirzadeh ,
you can take a look into the Documentation to get an overview for the refinement options.

https://coreform.com/cubit_help/cubithelp.htm#t=mesh_generation%2Fmesh_modification%2Fmesh_refinement.htm

In the command panel you can find a refinement widget for every geometric entity.

The previous refinement example was just a repeated refinement at a vertex.

#!cubit
reset
create surface rectangle width 1 zplane
mesh surface all
refine vertex 2 numsplit 1 depth 3
refine vertex 2 numsplit 1 depth 3 smooth