Cubit 2022.4 Display Issue

Hello,

Cubit 2022.4 isn’t opening properly for me (see attached screenshot), and I can’t view any of the GUI elements nor open existing files. I’ve tried uninstalling my previous versions and restarting the machine. Any guesses as to what might be the issue? I’m on a student license if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

This is on Windows, correct? Please open up a command prompt and execute the following commands:

set CUBIT_VERBOSE=5
"C:\Program Files\Coreform Cubit 2022.4\bin\coreform_cubit.exe" > %USERPROFILE%/cubit_output.txt

This will generate a file called cubit_output.txt in your user home folder. Please attach that file to this post.

Correct, it’s on Windows 10. File is attached. Thanks!
cubit_output.txt (6.7 KB)

This is likely a problem with PATH. Do you have any other Cubit or Trelis installations in your PATH environment variable?

Hmmmm…none of my previous Cubit installations are still in PATH.

Download this tool: Releases · lucasg/Dependencies · GitHub
This is a dependency checker that will look up the dependencies of the libraries and tell you where they’re being loaded from.
After extracting the tool, open DependenciesGui.exe. Go to File->Open, then open C:\Program Files\Coreform Cubit 2022.4\bin\cubiti19.dll.
That’ll get you a window that looks like this:

It’s expected that the Spa* and libmmd.dll files are not found, they’re in C:\Program Files\Coreform Cubit 2022.4\bin\acis\code\bin and they’re loaded specially by cubit at runtime.
Are any of those .dll files being loaded from places other than the 2022.4 folder or C:\WINDOWS folders? Send a screenshot.

Using Dependencies, it looks like the Spa* files are present, but not libmmd.dll. All 4 files are indeed located in the directory you mentioned. I’m not 100% sure how to check if the .dll’s are being loaded in other locations, but it doesn’t look like they’re being loaded at all? Apologies if I’m misreading this!

The libmmd.dll is the problem, actually. It’s being loaded from Tecplot, not Coreform Cubit. Tecplot has a different version of libmmd.dll then we do, so when Cubit loads libmmd.dll it can’t actually use it, so Cubit startup fails. Please remove Tecplot from PATH and Cubit will load normally.

Sure enough, that did it. Huge thanks!